- 2 hours long, once a week
- 10-12 students, or 5 students in the Intensive Classes
- Tutors are either MOE Teachers or Principal Teachers
- All materials provided
- Reading assignments and homework are sent through email and will be handed out in class
“Thank you so much! I made it! I've made it to NUS”Janice TanVJC
“I really liked the teaching style. And 3 of my friends have now joined the same class.”Kewk Ling LiACJC
Who We Are
We give you a commitment to bring out the best in each student, by teaching to the best of our abilities and utilizing every available resource we have to offer.
- Our tutors come with extensive experience and are very, very good at what they do. In fact, they work full-time with us, and are not part-timers.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time. Even if your tutor is not available, we will ensure that another tutor will be around to assist you.
- All our class handouts and JC exams will be provided to you.
Our Tutoring Process
- Short, bite-sized tasks that are easy to manage.
- Quick marking speed
- Repetition and assessment every week
- Reinforcement through homework
- Comfortable environment with other classmates
We believe in the benefits of being surrounded by other students working hard. We cover from secondary school students preparing for their O-levels to JC Math tuition. The enjoyable learning atmosphere and removed pressure of having an adult waiting for you to finish work make learning pleasurable; our students enjoy coming here.
We cannot guarantee results, but we can help to promote independent learning skills, that is the ability to access learning without reliance on teachers, parents or other students. In this way the students become more self reliant, more confident in their ability to do well.
Math Class Fees
We want to give our students the best value for money, yet ensuring that they receive top quality services. We know costs can get high in today’s lifestyle, so we do our best to keep our fees reasonably affordable.
$ 320Per Month
$ 355Per Month
$ 380Per Month
$ 420Per Month
$ 400Per Month
$ 435Per Month
$ 480Per Month
$ 520Per Month
$ 320Per Month
$ 480Per Month
$ 520Per Month
$ 625Per Month
*Classes are 2 hours long, once a week.
*One-time $60.00 Materials Fee and $40.00 Registration Fee for all new students
**Students are allowed to skip 1 class every 2 months, fees for the skipped class will not be charged.
Class Sizes of 5-8
Small classes allow us to identify individual weaknesses swifty
In many other tuition centers, teachers teach a large class by reciting notes while standing in front of the class. The primary reason for having large classes is simply a matter of convenience, it is easier and cheaper to have a few large classes than many small classes. However, in many cases, the large class approach does not allow teachers to spot weaknesses in individual students and intervene swiftly if a child encounters problems. Also, in large classes, a child may be too shy to raise his or her hand to ask a question.
In order to focus on every single individual student, we have chosen to keep our class sizes relatively small. Every year, it is our policy that our class sizes do not exceed 8 students. Our intensive class sizes are even smaller, at only two to three students each. This has allowed us to quickly identify rectify problem solving mistakes in many students before they become habitual errors. In our smaller classes, we have observed that students are also more likely to ask questions whenever they are in doubt.
Diligence Over ‘Talent’
Every child can succeed, they just progress at different paces
Many times, teachers often believe that students that do well are simply more gifted with talent in maths. However at The Maths Lab, we believe that diligence plays a greater role than mere talent, and that students that do well do so because they strive to succeed in maths. We believe that students are capable of mastering anything, especially maths, if the subject matter is presented to them in a methodical and easy-to-understand manner.
We believe that every child, when coached properly, has an innate ability to understand maths and eventually, to perform well in the exams.
Topics Covered in Greater Depth
And a strict adherence to the MOE Syllabus
In accordance with MOE protocol, each topic in the Singapore mathematics curriculum is covered in great depth, but the entire syllabus covers only a limited range of topics. This ensures that every student fully understands each mathematics topic before moving on to the next one. This is also one of the aspects of the Singapore curriculum identified by international assessment agencies (such as the OECD) as responsible for the success of Singapore Maths.
The Maths Lab strictly adheres to the MOE curriculum, but teaches topics at a faster pace (approximately 3 months faster than the MOE syllabus), and also includes additional practices not covered in school. As a result, students in our classes will be exposed to every tested math topic in greater depth than their peers.
Terms & Conditions
- Fees are paid on the 1st tuition class of each 4-week cycle.
- Payment can be by cash or cheque (we also accept payments by iBanking and Paypal)
- Students are allowed to skip 1 class every 2 calendar months. Fees for that skipped class will be refunded.
- For new students, there is a one-time Materials Fee and a one-time Registration Fee.
Code of Conduct
- Please treat others in the same manner with which you wish to be treated.
- No calls during class; switch your HP to silent mode.
- Be punctual for class.
- Two weeks notice is required if students wish to discontinue tuition classes.
- Every month, we have a Parents Feedback Session, where teachers will meet with parents to have a dialogue
- We initiated this program because we feel students improve best when parents are engaged and vested in their child’s education.